Here’s a blueprint for the lesser known beaches around the Konkan belt. If you feel Goa is the place to be then try Konkan for a change. The serene beaches and local Maharashtrian food along with the hospitality of the humble Fisher folks will definitely be a welcome change for all those who wish to spend a relaxed weekend away from the bustling city traffic and crowd.
Trip Dates: 24th to 26th March 2016
Trip cost: Rs 7000/–
- Accommodation (3-6 in a room)
- Internal travel
- Entry fees
- Ferry charges
- Scooty (2 on a Activa or deo with 2 litres petrol)
- Anything not mentioned in the exclusion section.
For booking and more information please call on the numbers mentioned below.
Divya Pai: +91 9833101101 // +91 9987294963
Sherwin Rebello: +91 9833494963
If the above numbers are out of reach please call:
TLOT Office: +91 7506420520
Or mail us at: email@example.com
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack (No suitcases, trolleys will be allowed)
- Reach Sawantwadi by 09:00 HRS. Take a local bus to the village of Shiroda (30km)
- Reach Shiroda by 10:00HRS and check into a guest house near the beach.
- Post lunch relax in the quiet and peaceful surroundings of Shiroda or head to the beach for a swim.
- Walk to Shiroda beach (3mins from the guest house) for sunset or shop for some coconut artwork souvenirs around the beach.
- After an early breakfast ride to the beaches around the Vengurla district.
- Visit the beaches of Sagareshwar, Vengurla and Momechad. Each known for its virgin beauty and white sand.
- For sunset ride to the small village of Redi which also has one of the most beautiful beaches on the konkan belt.
- Return to Shiroda by 19:00HRS for dinner.
- Post breakfast ride to the ferry point (7km) to visit the secluded Khairi beach.
- Spend the afternoon lazing around the beach or play frizbee.
- Head back to Shiroda for lunch by 1300HRS.
- Afternoon at leisure or ride through the bylanes of the small town of Shiroda.
- Take a bus to Sawantwadi (30km) to make it in time for the return train/bus.