Here is The Land Out There blueprint for a road trip through the trans-Himalayan region of Leh and Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, splendid monasteries and funny road captions.
Trip Dates: 4th to 11th September 2016
Trip Cost: Rs 16,500/-
- HRTC AC Delux bus from Manali to New Delhi can be booked at an additional cost of Rs 500/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
This road trip will have a minimum of 6.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Divya Pai: +91 9833101101 / 9987294963
Or mail us at:email@example.com
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack <Must Have>
- Essentials to pack
- Reach Srinagar by 15:00 HRS latest.
- Check into a Dal lake house boat.
- Post tea take a shikara boat ride around Dal lake.
- Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Leave early in the morning by 06:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by J&K SRTC local bus.
- Visit Sonmarg known as the Meadow of Gold.
- Lunch at Drass the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- Enroot have a magnificent view of the famous war peaks of Kargil (Tololing, Tiger hill).
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS & check into guest houses.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh 216 km.
- Reach Leh around 14:00 HRS and check into our Home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- Leave early in the morning for a day trip to visit the villages of Hunder and Diskit in Nubra valley via Khardung La ( Highest motorable road in the world, 18,380 ft).
- Post lunch visit the sand dunes in Diskit and later visit Diskit Monastery.
- Post tea; at around 15:30 HRS return back to Leh by the same route via Khardung La pass.
- Spend rest of the evening in Leh wandering the streets or unwind in the home stay.
- Leave early in the morning for a 5 hour drive to the beautiful Pangong Tso via Man Mirak.
- Visit this high altitude lake and return back to Leh the same evening.
- Board the early morning bus back to Keylong.
- Reach Keylong by 18:00 HRS.
- Spend night in a guest house.
- Board the early morning bus to Manali via Rothan Pass.
- Reach Manali by 12:00 HRS.
- Board a local HRTC non Ac bus from Manali to New Delhi around 17:00 HRS.
- Reach ISBT New Delhi by 09:00 HRS.